D3 Series, Derated Triple Tube Metal Heaters
|For over thirty years, Process Technology has been the leading manufacturer of electric immersion heaters, heating and cooling coils, controls, instantaneous heaters, liquid level controls, over-temperature protection systems and accessories. Our product line is among the most comprehensive and diverse available, with both standard and custom configurations to suit your specific application.Product Features and Benefits:
SUPERIOR CHEMICAL RESISTANCE: Materials available for use in most concentrated aqueous alkaline solutions, plating, and phosphate solutions. Check solution recommendation chart or with your chemical supplier for proper sheath material selection.
RUGGED CONSTRUCTION: Heavy wall metal sheaths available in:
• 304 stainless steel
• 316 stainless steel
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE: Low watt densities of 18 watts per square inch (52.8 w/cm2) extend service life.
CORROSION RESISTANT HEAD: Vapor tight, flame retardant polypropylene terminal enclosures each with 3-foot (.9m) flexible PVC liquid tight conduit.
• Grounded construction.
• Thermal protector built in. Replaceable P1 fuse standard for solutions up to 180°F (82°C).
• Non-floating construction.
CERTIFICATIONS: UL (except steel sheath), CSA, and CE.
SIZES: 1,500 watts to 18,000 watts.
VOLTAGES: 120, 240 or 480 volts. 208, 380, 415, 600 and other voltages available. Each head is single phase standard. May be wired together as single or three phase.
OPTIONS AVAILABLE (consult factory):
• Replaceable thermal protectors:
• P4: for solutions from 180°F (82°C) to 230°F (110°C).
• P5: for solutions from 230°F (110°C) to 300°F (150°C).
• Resettable thermal protectors:
• P2: for solutions up to 180°F (82°C).
• P6: for solutions from 180°F (82°C) to 230°F (110°C).
• P7: for solutions from 230°F (110°C) to 300°F (150°C).
• Special configurations and lengths.
• One common head (terminal enclosure) with single conduit for single or three phase.
• Longer wire and conduit lengths.
• Lower watt densities for highly viscous solutions.
• Temperature and level controls sized to match the heater.