Watlow CZR Series SSR
Features and Benefits
DIN-rail or standard panel mount
• Versatile, quick and low-cost installation
• Reduces panel space and cost
• Increases installer and operator safety
• Environmentally safe
Faster switching with solid state
• Saves energy and extends heater life
UL® 508 recognized, CSA LR700195 certified, CE 60950 and RoHS
• Applications requiring agency approval
Back-to-back SCR design
• Offers rugged design for different application environments
The SERIES CZR solid state relay provides a low-cost, highly-compact and versatile solid state option for controlling electric heat. With DIN-rail and back panel mounting standard on every controller, the CZR allows for simple and quick installation.
The extensive capabilities of the SERIES CZR include single-phase, 18 to 42 ampere zero-cross switching up to 600VAC (see output rating curve). Its unique integrated design removes the guesswork associated with selecting a proper heat sink and precise terminations for the application.
This controller holds many agency certifications and is ideal for applications that require UL®, CSA and CE approvals. The SERIES CZR is available in VAC/VDC input contactor versions and all configurations are model number dependent and factory selectable.
The SERIES CZR is protected by a two-year warranty.
Note for Input Type (Contactor) : Do not use the AC1 input type with temperature controller outputs that include an AC snubber filter. This could cause the SERIES CZR to stay full on.
CZR Series SSR
• Zero-cross fired contactor output
• Command signal input
• Input signal indication LED
Input Command Signal
• Input Type DC1
• Turn on voltage 4VDC max., turn off voltage 1VDC min.
• Input current: dc typically 10mA @ 4VDC,13mA @ 32VDC
• Input Type AC1
• 90 to 140Vrms, must turn on at 90VAC, must turn off at 10VAC
• Input current: 15mA typical @ 120VAC
• 24V; 24VAC min. to 280VAC max.
• 48V; 48VAC min. to 530VAC max.
• Off state leakage: 10mA at 77°F (25°C) max. for 24 through 480VAC models
• Holding current: 250mA max.
• See output rating curve. Ratings are into a resistive heater load.
Output Amperage Rating
|Max. Surge Current 16.6 mSec||625||250||625||1000|
|Max. I2t Fusing||1620||260||1620||4150|
• Class II construction
• UL® 508 recognition, File #E73741 and CSA File LR 700195
• CE per 2006/95/EC Low Voltage Directive
• 2011/65/EU RoHS
• Compression type
• For 18A models:
• Max. wire size 3.0 mm (10 AWG), torque to 0.6Nm (5.3 in. lbs)
• For 24 to 42A models:
• Max. wire size 16.0 mm (6 AWG stranded) torque to 1.5-1.7Nm (13-15 in. lbs)
• Up to 176°F (80°C). See output rating curves for applications
• 0 to 90% RH (relative humidity), non-condensing
• Insulation tested to 3,000 meters
• Units are suitable for “pollution degree 2”
• Cycle time should be less than 3 seconds
Options include DIN-rail or standard back panel mounting.
• The DIN-rail specification: DIN EN 50022, 1.38 in. x 0.30 in. (35 mm x 7.5 mm)
• Min. clipping distance: 1.37 in. (34.8 mm)
• Max. clipping distance: 1.39 in. (35.3 mm)
• Mount cooling fins vertical
• 9.2 oz (260g)
• 24 to 42A models: 3.95 in. (100 mm) high x 1.75 in. (45 mm) wide x 4.3 in. (109 mm) deep
• 18A models: 3.95 in. (100 mm) high x 0.89 in. (22.6 mm) wide x 3.9 in. (99 mm) deep