Watlow Din-A-Mite A power controller
Features and Benefits
200KA SCCR with proper fusing
• Minimizes damage in the event of a short circuit
DIN-rail and panel mountinG
• Provides versatility and quick, low-cost installation
• Reduces panel space and cost
• Increases safety for installer and user
• Assures environmental safety
Faster switching with solid state
• Saves energy and extends heater life
UL® 508 listed, C-UL®, RoHS and CE with filter
• Meets applications requiring agency approval
• Reduces end product documentation
Back-to-back SCR design
• Ensures a rugged design
The DIN-A-MITE® A power controller provides a low-cost, highly compact and versatile solid state option for controlling electric heat. This controller is designed and manufactured with the quality features expected from Watlow. DIN-rail and panel mounting is standard on every controller. There is no need to worry about mercury, the DIN-A-MITE controller is mercury free.
Features include single-phase zero cross switching up to 25 amperes at 600VAC (see rating curve). A unique integrated design removes the guesswork associated with selecting a proper heat sink and adequate terminations for the application.
Variable time-base, 4-20mA process control and VAC/VDC input contactor versions are available. All options are model number dependent and factory configurable. This power controller also includes 200KA short circuit current rating (SCCR) tested up to 480VAC to minimize damage in the event of a short circuit when used with required fusing.
Din-A-Mite A power controller
• Control input
• Input indication LED
• Single-phase, see the output rating curve
• Max. I2t for fusing: 4000A2sec
• Latching current: 200mA min.
• Holding current: 100mA min.
• Power dissipation is 1.2 watts per ampere switched
• 200KA SCCR, Type 1 and 2 approved with the recommended fusing; see user manual
• 24 to 660VAC model number dependent; see ordering information
• Off-state leakage: 1mA at 77°F (25°C) max.
• 50/60Hz independent
Control Mode, Zero Cross
• Control option C: VDC input, contactor output
• Control option K: VAC input, contactor output
• To increase service life on contactor models, the cycle time should be less than three seconds
• Control option F: 4 to 20mA DC input, variable time-base control output (3 cycles on, 3 cycles off at 50% power)
• AC contactor: 24VAC ±10%, 120VAC +10/-25%, 240VAC +10/-25% @ 25mA max.
• DC contactor: 4.5 to 32VDC: max. current @ 4.5VDC is 8mA
• Loop powered linear current 4 to 20mA DC:
loop-powered, control option F0 only (requires current source with 8.0VDC available, no more than two DIN-A-MITE inputs can be connected in series)
• CE with proper filter:
204/108/EC Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive EN 61326-1: Industrial Immunity Class A Emissions
2006/95/EC Low Voltage Directive EN 50178 Safety Requirements Installation category III, pollution degree 2
• UL® 508 listed and C-UL® File E73741
• 2011/65/EU RoHS
Control Input Terminals
• Compression: will accept 24 to 16 AWG (0.2 to 1.5 mm2) wire
Line and Load Terminals
• Compression: will accept 18 to 8 AWG (0.8 to 8.4 mm2) wire
• -4 to 176°F (-20 to 80°C); see the output rating curve chart for your application
• 0 to 90% RH (relative humidity), non-conden sing
• Insulation tested to 3,000 meters
• Units are suitable for “Pollution degree 2”
Options include DIN-rail or standard back panel mounting
• DIN EN 50022, 35 mm by 7.5 mm
• Mount cooling fins vertically
• 3.7 in. (94 mm) high x 2.0 in. (50 mm) wide x 3.9 in. (98 mm) deep
• Weight: 0.71 lb (0.32kg)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.